Parties and object
FMBB vzw (hereinafter “Controller“)
Legal information: Enterprise nr.:
0810.437.077RPR: Ghent Enterprise Court, Ostend Department
The term “User” refers to any user, whether a natural or legal person, who visits the Site or interacts with the Site in any way.
In its capacity as controller, FMBB vzw determines all technical, legal and organizational means and the purposes for the processing of the personal data of the Users. The controller undertakes to take all necessary measures to ensure that the processing of personal data takes place in accordance with the Act of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (hereinafter the “Law”) and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or ‘GDPR’; hereinafter the “Regulation”).
The controller is free to choose a natural or legal person who processes the personal data of the users at his request and on his behalf (hereinafter the “Processor” or “Subcontractor”). Where appropriate, the controller undertakes to select a processor that offers sufficient guarantees with regard to the technical and organisational measures for the processing of personal data, in accordance with the Law and the Regulation.
Processing of personal data
The use of the site by the Users may lead to the collection of personal data. The processing of this data by the controller or by service providers acting in the name and on behalf of the controller is carried out in accordance with the Law and the Regulation.
Personal data will be processed by the controller in accordance with the purposes listed below, using the following methods:
- Login on site.
- Registration via forms on the site.
- Registrations events via forms on the site.
- Publication on the site of results and photos on the site.
Purpose of the processing of personal data
In accordance with Article 13 of the Regulation, the purposes of the processing of personal data are communicated to the User. Those purposes are the following:
- To provide you with the requested information.
- To be able to offer you an optimal service.
- To inform you about the FMBB and all its parts.
- To subscribe to the FMBB newsletter or other digital information channels.
- To register to participate in activities of the FMBB vzw.
Personal data that may be processed
The User agrees that, during the visit and use of the site, FMBB vzw collects and processes the following personal data:
Name, address, date of birth, NISS number, telephone, mobile phone number, email address.
The User has the right to withdraw this consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the prior consent.
Retention period of users’ personal data
In accordance with Article 13(2) of the Regulation, the Controller shall retain the personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are processed.
This duration is in all cases no longer than 10 years or until unsubscription in case of the site user.
Recipients of data and disclosure to third parties
Personal data may be passed on to employees, employees, subcontractors, processors or suppliers of FMBB vzw insofar as adequate guarantees are offered for the security of the data and insofar as they cooperate with FMBB vzw for the marketing of the products or the provision of services. They act under the direct authority of FMBB vzw, and are in particular responsible for the collection, processing or outsourcing of this data.
In the event that the data is provided to third parties for direct marketing or prospecting purposes, the User will be informed in advance so that he or she can give the prior and explicit consent to this use of personal data.
Rights of users
The User can exercise his rights at any time by sending a message by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com, or a letter by post, accompanied by a copy of his or her identity card to the following address: Swytswal 13 – 8680 Koekelare.
Right of access
In accordance with Article 15 of the Regulation, FMBB vzw guarantees the User’s right to access his personal data. The User has the right to access this personal data and the following information:
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- where the recipients are established in third countries or international organisations, the appropriate or appropriate safeguards
- if possible, the proposed storage period for personal data or, if this is not possible, the criteria by which this period is determined
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, as referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the Regulation, and, at least in such cases, relevant information on the underlying logic, as well as the importance and expected consequences of such processing for the data subject.
The Data Controller may claim a reasonable fee based on the administrative costs for additional copies requested by the User.
If the User submits this request electronically (e.g. via the e-mail address), the data will be provided in electronic form and for general use, unless the User requests otherwise.
The copy of the data will be communicated to the User no later than one month after receipt of the request.
Right to rectification
FMBB vzw guarantees the right to rectification and deletion of personal data to the User.
In accordance with Article 16 of the Regulation, incorrect, inaccurate or irrelevant data may be corrected or deleted at any time. The User first makes the necessary changes from his user account, unless these cannot be made independently, in which case the request can be addressed to FMBB vzw.
In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the controller shall inform any recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed of any rectification of the personal data, unless such rectification proves impossible or requires disproportionate efforts. The controller shall provide the data subject with information about these recipients if the data subject so requests.
Right to erasure
The User has the right to obtain the deletion of his personal data as soon as possible in the cases referred to in Article 17 of the Regulation.
Where the Controller has made the personal data public and is obliged to erase them pursuant to the previous paragraph, the Controller shall, taking into account available technologies and implementation costs, take reasonable measures, including technical measures, to inform other controllers processing such personal data that the data subject has been authorised by those controllers has requested the erasure of the link to such personal data or a copy or reproduction thereof.
The two preceding paragraphs shall not apply to the extent that such processing is necessary:
- the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information.
- comply with a legal obligation to carry out processing under Union law or the law of the Member State to which the controller belongs, or to carry out a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the controller shall inform any recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed of any deletion of personal data or any restriction of processing, unless such disclosure proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. The controller shall provide the data subject with information about these recipients if the data subject so requests.
Right to restrict processing
The User has the right to restrict the processing of his personal data in the cases referred to in Article 18 of the Regulation.
In accordance with Article 19 of the Regulation, the controller shall inform any recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed of any restriction of processing carried out, unless such disclosure proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. The controller shall provide the data subject with information about these recipients if the data subject so requests.
Right to data portability
In accordance with Article 20 of the Regulation, Users have the right to receive their personal data from FMBB vzw in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Users have the right to pass on this data to another controller without FMBB vzw preventing this, in the cases provided for in the Regulation.
When the User exercises his right to data portability under the previous paragraph, he has the right to have personal data transferred directly from one controller to another, insofar as this is technically possible.
The exercise of the right to data portability is without prejudice to the right to erasure. This right shall not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
The right to data portability does not affect the rights and freedoms of third parties.
Right to object and automated individual decision-making
The User has the right to object at any time to the processing of his/her personal data due to his/her specific situation, including the automation of data by FMBB vzw. In accordance with Article 21 of the Regulation, FMBB vzw will no longer process personal data, unless there are legitimate and compelling reasons for the processing that prevail over the interests and rights and freedoms of the User, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights.
When processing personal data for prospecting purposes, the User has the right to object at any time to the processing of the personal data concerning him for such prospecting purposes, including profiling insofar as it relates to such prospecting.
If the data subject objects to the processing for the purpose of prospecting, the personal data will no longer be processed for that purpose.
Right of complaint
The User has the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of his personal data by FMBB vzw, to the Data Protection Authority competent for the Belgian territory. More information can be found on the website: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/.
Complaints can be submitted to the following addresses:
Data Protection Authority Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels Tel. + 32 2 274 48 00 Fax. + 32 2 274 48 35E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The User may also submit an injunction action to the President of the Court of First Instance of his domicile.
A “Cookie” is a file that is temporarily or permanently placed on the User’s device when viewing the Site for the purpose of a subsequent connection. Thanks to cookies, the server recognizes the User’s device.
Cookies can also be installed by third parties with whom FMBB vzw cooperates.
Some of the cookies used by FMBB vzw are necessary for the proper functioning of the site, others are necessary to improve the User’s experience.
The User can modify or disable cookies.
By using the website, the User expressly consents to the management of cookies as described in this article.
Types of cookies and purposes pursued
Different types of cookies are used by FMBB vzw on the Site:
- Technical cookies: these are necessary for the operation of the Site, allow the communication of the entered data and are intended to facilitate the User’s navigation
- Analytical and public cookies: these cookies enable the recognition of the User and are used to count the number of Users of the Website over a certain period of time. Because they also indicate browsing habits, they are an effective way to improve the User’s browsing experience by displaying proposals and offers that may be of interest to the User. They also allow FMBB vzw to identify and correct any bugs on the Site
- Functional cookies: these cookies facilitate the use of the site by retaining certain choices entered (for example, the username or language).
Retention period for cookies
Cookies are stored for the time necessary to achieve the intended purpose. The cookies that can be stored on the User’s hard drive and the storage period are as follows:
- If you have an account and you log in to this website, we store a temporary cookie to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie does not contain any personal data and is deleted as soon as you close your browser.
- As soon as you log in, we will store some cookies in connection with your login information and screen display options.
- Login cookies are valid for 2 days.
- Cookies for screen display options 1 year.
- If you select “Remember me”, your login will be saved for 2 weeks.
- As soon as you log out of your account, the login cookies are deleted.
Management of cookies
If the User disables certain cookies, he accepts that the Site may not function optimally. Some parts of the Site may not be usable or may be partially usable.
If the User wishes to manage and/or delete certain cookies in this way, he/she can do so via the following link(s):
For Users with a browser:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?
Applicable law and competent court
Translated from Dutch as official language.